Sunday, December 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to Adrianne!

Not much to say here.  I liked the photo my daughter took of her and her new adopted dog.  The challenge was trying to get the close up view of the dog to look identifiable.  A lot of pencil strokes later...  In fact many more than I anticipated having to do I got the look I was after, but I might have to tinker once I study it for a bit.  I just finished this and you know how it is.  I'll see something that isn't right and need to go back in.
It's been bothering me that I haven't done a finished watercolor yet.  I want to get that done today, but time isn't on my side.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Celeste. Still working on getting some paint on paper now. Too much going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very tender drawing with beautifully designed dark and light shapes. I love the gentle expression on her face, especially in her eyes... I think it will make a beautiful painting if you decide to carry it in that direction...

    ReplyDelete