|At this point, I knew I was in trouble, but thought there were some possibilities|
|In between removing and adding layers....A muddy mess at this point, so how much more damage can be done...should I give up or see if I can do some sort of magic here...I think it's move on time. But I hate failures like this.|
The reason I decided this morning to post, is because one can always learn from mistakes, disasters, failures. This one started out with a light Gouache wash on Bristol Plate. That would allow me to work it without killing the paper. Unfortunately it was too much white, and the mud began to show early. Nonetheless, I tried to move thru, thinking something good might emerge. In the top photo, things were starting to look okay, but it bothered me how dull, yet busy it looked. I scrubbed off all those little hilites and confusing shapes in the background, but that revealed all the flaws in the subject...it doesn't help that my enthusiasm for painting flowers is minimal at best. I hated the flower shape and tried to give it some sort of believability.
It has not even come close to that.
I am now at the point where I will have to decide whether or not to scrub the mission.
|Yes it can be done...This is the successful flower I did last year..Please Read RH's comment and my reply below|