|The close to final painting. I fiddled around with this abstract for awhile because the large yellow blob in the middle was bothering me. in some ways I think it could have been left as it was.|
photo more like it actually appears on paper. So keep that in mind when viewing the two.
I was going along pretty deliberately with this abstract after the first post. I didn't want to disturb the vibrant yellow in the middle too much, but I wanted to somehow integrate it into the rest of the painting. I added the reddish "trees" on the right and pulled out some paint to get some depth. I tried to get some yellows to flow through to the edges a bit but it wasn't enough to take the attention away from that yellow duck. This morning after some tinkering and fiddling I got fed up. I jumped in with both feet and went bounding in there with the blues and Paynes gray. I was surprised that I didn't panic when I saw how much irreversible painting I had done. I moved pretty quickly to blend the darks with yellow ochre. Some might think that the first painting was done, but I have to admit, this was a painting I was doing for myself and I didn't really care how it might be perceived. Having said that, I would love to hear some input on what you think. I am now at the point where all I will be doing is cleaning up some hard lines and some messy brush strokes to allow the painting to flow a little better.
Finally I would like to note that there were some great discoveries made while doing this painting. One was how well the Paynes Gray, Ultramarine Blue and Yellow Ochre interact with one another. Another was that a little Chinese white can be used to create some nice nuances of color as in the lower left corner (most noticeable in the first post in the red). So it is with great pleasure that I present to you the title of this abstract....Demise of the Yellow Duck. "And now you know the rest of the story."