Thursday, August 22, 2013

Remembering what works







 The most incredible thing about the internet is, you can just surf around and get inspired by all the Artists out there who are doing things you admire.  The down side in a way is that you realize how many talented Artists are out there, and you can feel like getting noticed will be difficult at best.  Making a living in art has always been difficult, and when I see how many Artists are represented, it seems to me that the market is pretty flooded.  The up side is that once you start to feel like you are making the work you can show, you can get it out there instantly.   Anyway, I was doing some research for my next painting, which I've decided will be an urban scene.  A couple of clicks later, I found some fantastic paintings that I can use as a spring point for inspiration and composition reference.  Then I looked up one of my own paintings that I liked to remind myself how I treated the street lights.  This Woodstock painting came out succesful because I was able to get the transition of intensity to work.  More later on this.  By the way, one of my favorite artists (so far) when it comes to urban Landscapes is Jeremy Mann.  I will get some links in later, but for now I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment